Sunday, December 5, 2010

mmmmmmmm.... BEST NO BAKES!!!!!!


My friend 'Tam" gave me this recipe and we made them yesterday.

Melt 1 stick margarine with 2 cups sugar and 1/2 cup milk substitute on the stove until boiling and boil for about 1 minutes. (I cut the sugar to 1.5 cups and will do closer to 1 cup next time.)

Put 3 cups oatmeal, 4 TBS peanut butter, 1 cup chocolate chips and 1 TBS vanilla in a large bowl. (I used crunch almond butter and put a dash of salt in with this mixture.)

Pour the hot mixture onto the oats mixture. I had waited approximately 5-10 minutes after I took it off the burner because we were doing this as an RDI exercise and I wanted to pour it into a plastic container I had.

The hot liquid melts the chocolate as you mix it up. Then drop spoonfuls onto waxed paper. (I used a silpat.) Put in the fridge and 30-60 minutes later- enjoy.

I used Trader Joe Semisweet chocolate chips which are milk free.


No comments: