Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Magic Shell Topping

I actually call this CRACK.  Because it cracks just like Magic Shell... and because it is so awesome it is addictive.  I took some to Bible Study and people were double dipping their ice cream cones after they had crunched off the first layer...and no one cared.

I found the recipe here.  I think it is safe to re print it here as you can find it all over the internet.

Take 1 1/4 cup chocolate chips and 1/2 cup of coconut oil.  Melt for about a minute in the microwave.

Yep..that's it.  Store it in a pretty glass jar, or an old catsup bottle ..if it lasts that long.



Keep it in the fridge and then re-warm it to liquid in the microwave before serving.  I would venture to guess that it is only as good as the ingredients you use.   I use chocolate chips without dairy from Trader Joes and a coconut oil I buy from my doctor's office.  (Brand name is Omega Nutrition.)  Both chocolate and coconut oil are very good for you.  Indulge sparingly however if you do not wish to expand your waistline.  And beware...it is very very very addictive.

No comments: