Saturday, November 21, 2009

Squash Soup



I tried making this soup the other day with canned pumpkin and canned butternut squash. It wasn't even close to the same. I ended up not eating it. Add liquids to your liking. Make it think, thick, more coconut taste...whatever.

Cook 2 butternut squashes. (you can use other types of squash.)
saute 1/2 onion
Add cooked squash
Add chicken broth (I added about 1 cup)
Add coconut milk (I added about 1/4 cup full fat coconut milk. If you add lite, which is fine, you will probably want less broth.)
Add a dash (1 TBS) of lemon juice or apple cider vinegar.
Salt and Pepper to taste.
You could add cinnamon, nutmeg etc... but I personally like it with just salt and pepper.

Top with toasted pine nuts.


You can find coconut milk in the Asian section of any grocery store. My favorite brands however are 365 or Trader Joe.

No comments: