Saturday, December 26, 2009

Flat Belly Diet...GFCF

OK...starting the Flat Belly Diet today. I don't have all the ingredients to do the 'official' 4 day start so I am just re-structuring my meals until I get to the grocery. The thing I love about this is that I eat this way already and it is very GFCF-able. Also, I think I can make a serving for four as indicated in may recipes, and Mark can eat three of them. Or I'll have an extra serving left over for lunch. It is a good way of eating.

I was able to take the general 'rules,' go into my fridge, and make breakfast, lunch, snack and dinner. You can get the book, go to the website for the official rules but basically...

Eat 4 times a day
Eat every 4 hours
Eat 400 calories every meal
Eat a MUFA with every meal. (Monounsaturated Fatty Acid.)

Today's journey includes:

Breakfast:
2 Eggs fried in EVOO served with a toasted rice tortilla and bit of butter

Lunch
Gigantic arugula, pear and prosciutto salad with EVOO/lemon dressing

Snack
GF crackers with smoked salmon and avocado. Veggies and hummus

Dinner
Repeat of lunch. (I have oodles of leftovers. I don't plan to do repeats every day.)

I don't agree with 100% with the ideas in the book. They suggest buying cartons of egg whites. I eat whole foods as much as possible and think that the yolks have a ton of good ingredients. They use a fair amount of cheese and milk with meals for protein in the book. I have some goat cheeses that I eat from time to time. But I need protein for breakfast so I think I will be modifying even the 'quick start' which includes cereal and milk each say for breakfast. But there are oodles of meal and snack ideas that either 'fit' or are adaptable for me.

I'll provide pictures as I go along too. And I am giving myself a prize. After I loose X lbs, I plan to buy myself a Vitamix. I have wanted this for quite some time. And the pounds I need to loose are not a small number. I used to want to loose that 5 or 10... its more than that.

If you want to join up with me... post a comment. Could be fun!

No comments: