Saturday, January 2, 2010

Week One and Gluten Free Pizza


End of week one and I'm down 2 1/2 lbs. I'll take it. Here is just one of the yummy snacks I made. First I made a batch of pesto without cheese. I used basil, pine nuts, olive oil and a squirt of lemon juice. (I forgot the garlic but that would be great.) You have to calculate your own calories because it depends on how much basil you you put in the recipe.

Here is the pizza recipe:

Use a rice tortilla for the crust. I find them at Whole Foods by the other tortillas. Spread 1 TBS (or desired amount) pesto on the crust. You can obviously do this with whatever you want but I added a large bunch of arugula and some shaved goat cheese. I keep a stone pan in my oven and preheat it to approximately 400F. Then just heat it up for 5-10 minutes. Add tomatoes when you pull it out and it is very delicious.

The extra pesto can be used with pasta, in soups or any bread. A friend who also does this diet scrambles an egg and puts the egg and pesto on a piece of toast in the morning.


No comments: