Monday, June 16, 2008

Chicken Thighs with Pomegranate Molasses




Tonight I made Chicken Thighs with Pomegranate Molasses on Gluten Free Girl's Blog. I actually followed the recipe in the book which calls for twice (8 chicken thighs) the ingredients as on the blog recipe. I am glad I did because it was very good and I will enjoy the leftovers. Mark even praised it and about 90% of the time he gets out the BBQ sauce for any chicken. A few comments should you decide to make:

It could easily be made with boneless skinless thighs. I personally have grown tired of boneless skinless breasts. The thighs are harder to overcook. I think the skin gives it flavor when you brown it, but Mark didn't like to pick the skin off.

I don't love garlic- so I halved the amount and it was very good.

Mark did think that the nuts were superfluous. I loved them. Easy fix: serve them on the side.

I found the pomegranate molasses at Whole Foods in the baking aisle.

Not sure on the side dishes for this main dish. Any thoughts???

1 comment:

Autismland Penny said...

What about rice pilaf or mashed potatoes? Either way, you could use the sauce for gravy. I would go toward the rice. Made with broth and it would be quite tasty!