Friday, June 13, 2008

Coconut Crockpot Chicken

I got this recipe Sylvia's Crockpot Chicken. I did not add the cumin as I do not like it. I also used regular caned organic tomatoes and added 1/2 diced onion, a handful of dried basil and a diced red pepper. The side dish---mashed potatoes: I added some of the cooking liquid to the mashed potatoes...it was SO good! FYI: you find the light coconut milk by the Asian cooking section usually at the grocery. Trader Joes also has it. Mark gave it 2 thumbs up...and he never gives a false compliment. And...it's GFCF.

Coconut Chicken
8-10 chicken legs, skin removed

1 - 15 oz can diced tomatoes with basil and onion or about 1/2 quart home canned tomatoes
1 - 15 oz can lite coconut milk, not the sweetened kind.
1 Tbsp cumin

Combine all in a large crock pot. Cook on HIGH for 4-6 hours or on LOW for 8 hours. Serve over mashed potatoes or rice with a green salad.

No comments: