Saturday, June 14, 2008

I Scream, you Scream....Ice Cream!!!!

For my birthday my mom got me an ice cream maker! Thanks Mom!! A couple of days ago I made Almond Joy Ice cream. It was incredible. As noted in the comments on the linked blog, I did make a few changes, I didn't add as much cocoa, i only added a handful of chocolate chips and I didn't freeze or chop them. I did the almonds in a magic bullet but will chop by hand next time. Also I think that even the small amount of cocoa did have an affect on Andrew and myself. I am going to make some 'plain' with 1 can of coconut milk, some agave syrup (you could do honey but I like the subtle taste of the agave) and some almond or hazelnut milk this week. I also bought some candy canes to mix in. If you are a milk free family- i highly recommend putting an ice cream maker on your wish list. (The linked one is the 'best' on the market. ) You will not find a better milk free ice cream in the grocery store.


No comments: