Saturday, June 14, 2008

Pork Tenderloin Korean

There is a wonderful recipe called Pork Tenderloin Korean I make from Saint Louis Days Saint Louis Nights cookbook. The recipe is to marinate and then cook in the oven. I decided to try a 'crock pot' version where I put the marinating liquids and spices in the crockpot. Here is what I did:

Wrap 2-3 pork tenderloins in 6-8 strips bacon. (I didn't worry about fastening with toothpicks.)
chop 1 onion
peal some (3-6) cloves of garlic...don't chop..
put these in the crockpot.
Mix
- 1/2 cup soy sauce (choose tamari without wheat for gluten free)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 Tbs vinegar
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper

pour over the pork. Turn on low for 6-8 hours.

It was very yummy. It does pull apart so don't serve it if the queen is coming. If you are soy sensitive then this one won't work for you. (I actually think I did have a reaction but it was so good!!! )


No comments: