Monday, June 16, 2008

Spreadable Fudge....aka an incredible mistake

I tried my hand at milk free fudge. Most Christmas fudge is made with sweetened condensed milk. My finished product is delicious but it isn't fudge....it is almost a frosting but I think WAY better than regular frosting. I just spread some on a gfcf Christmas cookie. And you can eat it with a spoon....and it would be delicious on ice cream ....oh...the recipe:

dump 1 can coconut milk (not lite), 2- 12 oz packages of approved chocolate chips in a sauce pan and melt. Add 1/4 cup sugar until dissolved. Remove from heat and add 1/2 cup chunky almond butter. Put in cake pan (any dimension- it will just change the thickness) and cool in the fridge Again- this isn't fudge....it is just incredible chocolate goodness on a spoon, or a cookie or on ice cream or.... add an idea in the comments. I have a lot of it (and it is probably 200 calories or more per TBS.)

No comments: